Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A puppy for Christmas

A couple years ago, I made a fun discovery at a garage sale - a toddler sweat suit that was made up to look like a dog. I knew Doodle #2 would go crazy for it and was happy to find it was his size. Little did I know what I was getting myself into!
The day that we decided it was too small for Doodle #1 was traumatic - and life with 3 kids under the age of 3 was still difficult enough, I knew making a new one was not an option. I had started searching the internet and local moms groups a couple months before, anticipating this day, but had not been able to come up with so much as a lead. Luckily, the traumatic day occurred when my MIL was visiting, and she volunteered to take a stab at it. Her version (now currently hidden somewhere in our vast mountain of laundry) saved us. Now we've come to that fateful day again. Though not as traumatic as last time, the request for a new 'doggie suit' was voiced. Introducing Doggie the third...



...finished just in time for Christmas! (Wheee!) This is my first attempt at using fusable without stitching around the edges (all the color patches), so I'm interested to see how well it lasts - especially when put to the test by a preschooler. The ears and tail are from a recently retired knit shirt. They don't match as well as I'd like, but they're soft and durable - more than the cotton for the patches would be. For my imaginative almost-4-year-old, it will be just right. Now, to wrap it tonight and we're all ready for Christmas!

1 comment:

Shari said...

Just love the dog suit! I'm sure it will be well-loved.
Looks like you are all ready for Christmas! Hope you have a very happy time.