Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer check-in

Summer has arrived, and the boys are ending most days dirty and exhausted - just like they're supposed to! Thankfully, I still have a little slice of time between cleaning them up and putting them to bed, to clean up a bit myself before nodding off! As usual, there just aren't enough hours in the day to do all the fun stuff we want to do!

Speaking of fun - starting Sunday, Helen from Hugs N Kisses is starting a set of tutorials/lessons on stitching and embroidery. Every Sunday, she'll be sharing a new stitch or tip or tutorial. Check it out using the 'Stitched Sunday' button in the right sidebar. I love her stitcheries, so am excited for Sunday to come!

I do have some finishes to share. I've had the first four blocks of Paula's 'Home Sweet Home' stitcheries ready in my sewing pack for a while and managed to sneak in enough time to stitch all four over the last month.

The designs are fun and quick to stitch. I'm anxious to start picking out and sewing on the borders, but know that will have to wait until fall. In the meantime, I'll just continue to enjoy stitching the other 8 blocks as they're released.

I hope you're enjoying your June, whatever your season!
Laura

No comments: