Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Progress!

First off, I just have to say 'WHOO HOOO'! I've finally used up the orange yarn, resulting in four washclothes. Now on to the doodles second choice in yarn colors - a blue/green/yellow variegated and a solid yellow.

I've also been slowly chugging along on my swap projects. I have the pattern drawn up and fabrics picked out for the totebag swap, and have started on my gift for the Secret Santa Christmas swap. Edit - had to remove the details from this part of the post as it didn't occur to me that my swap buddy would have the address for my blog before she opened her gifts! Ooops!


We had some serious preschooler/toddler fun this weekend. We made our second annual trip to the St Croix Railroad, "the Midwest's premier ride-on train museum" - which we discovered through our favorite train store, Choo Choo Bob's.

We spent the afternoon riding on scale trains through a wonderfully wooded area. The boys loved the trains; my partner and I loved the time in the woods (it's an incredibly peaceful place - even when filled with people!). I do have to admit that the tunnels, trestles and other railroad structures were fun...

We also visited a local zoo this weekend - we're members there, so we visit often. During this visit, we discovered a new creature - and all three boys were drawn like magnets. It's fun to watch them play together when the same thing interests all three.

No comments: