Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Glorious fall...

The weather the past couple weeks has been simply glorious - warm, dry, did I mention warm? It's been so warm, we had to do a little water exploration...

and a little chalk work...

along with a little biking...

I even (finally!) managed to get the cats outside for a little sun...

I also need to thank the Parks & Rec department for continually reminding how simple crafts can be so fun. The twins made 'picture frames' during a recent P&R nature class. After the boys went to bed, we copied pictures of them, taped the copies on the frames, then hung the finished frames on the wall. The boys were so excited to see their frames on the wall the next morning, they were jumping up and down...

So, in the spirit of easy crafting, I've started the boys on what I hope will be an easy ornament project. I'll give more of the details later. For now, here's a picture of Cal working on his ornament sheet. His brothers were both napping, which makes for some great one-on-one crafting time.

I'll close with some sights from our nearby walking "park". We try to run along this creek as often as our schedule allows. The scenery is so absorbing, it helps me forget what I'm doing - and each visit finds something new to enjoy - egrets, herons, chipmunks, tadpoles, hawks, eagles, songbirds, catfish, the list goes on and on... to be able to find these things in the middle of a big city is too fun!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Gorgeous photo frames. No wonder the boys were proud.