Friday, January 20, 2012

A "New" Pillow

You know how those 'need to do' items around the house seem to pile up? I noticed before Thanksgiving that our big living room pillow was looking a bit ragged. I planned to pick up something to recover it the next time I went into a fabric or quilt store. I still haven't made it there...

When we bought our house 6 years ago, we searched for a small house with a room big enough for my quilting machine. That and a garage with an electric opener were my only requirements. (Funny priorities now, but they worked at the time!) The quilting machine left soon after the twins were born and I realized it was going to be a LONG time before I would be able to spend time with it again. Now, we're pretty much stuck in a house that doesn't really fit. That means we spend a lot of time adjusting where we keep our stuff and what stuff we keep. Our latest adjustment (closet switching) last weekend unearthed a little-used, adult-sized bathrobe that was added to our dontation pile. Luckily, it was on the top and caught my eye... hmmm... really soft... durable...

And, so I present to you, our "new" pillow:


And pretty much in the nick of time as the old pillow covering had developed its first tiny little hole. Here's a shot I took through the old pillow covering:

Just a bit bare... Having three boys loving on you all the time will do that to a pillow. Too bad it just seems to leave me chubbier!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend! It's finally snowing here, so we might actually get to go sledding!

2 comments:

Shari said...

Re-purposing a bath robe is a great idea! Years ago I made a floor pillow for a young friend going off to the country to teach - I did a bit of patchwork and surrounded it with denim scraps for durability. She loved it.

Joy said...

What a fabulous idea, to use your old robe!!! And how great to tick one off your "To Do" list ;o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)