Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Two months in a row!

I have to admit to being a little surprised that I've been able to keep up with the Snow Hearts BOM. I finished February's block last Friday. Here's the result:
I'm loving this BOM. I'm a huge fan of snowflakes and love how they're coming out. I have Block 3 printed and ready to trace during my craft time tonight. Here are my two completed blocks:
I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with them, so am waiting for inspiration before adding any borders. I was planning on doing them all in blues/greens/purples - winter colors, but am starting to wonder if I'd like a more colorful version better. Hmmm...

I also managed to get some sewing machine time in over the last week to make some burp cloths for an upcoming baby shower. Here are a few of them.
My parents made us a pile when the twins were born and I loved them! In fact, once the boys were all weaned, we loved them so much we started using them as napkins. They're especially helpful for the occasional milk spill - which, of course, never happens at our table!

Doodle #2 has been taking classes at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. His last class ended Saturday, so we were able to bring home his creations. He is particularly proud of his castle and "snake-dragon".
They ran out of painting time, so we have some painting time planned at home.

My favorite product of the class is the "Mourner" pictures they took. The MIA currently has Mourners from the "Tomb Sculptures from the Court of Burgundy" on exhibit. The kids spent some time sketching them and then posed as mourners.


Don't they look just alike? Doodle #2 has had so much fun in this class that Doodle #1 has decided to join in for the next class. The worst part of the class is that my partner and I have to trade off weeks, wandering the museum for the length of each class session. Sheer torture, I have to say.

No comments: